Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What I chuck in the past 24 hours

I emptied a container of odds and ends on the kitchen counter and tossed out:
  • A dozen or so dried up markers and pens.   I put the still working pens away in the pen holder and the crayons in the crayon box
  • Dried up stampers that had been in the stockings from Xmas
  • Tiny Playdough containers (I hate the smell of that stuff and it is awful to get out of a rug)
  • A Polly Pocket doll's pair of pants that had strayed to the kitchen
  • A mysterious rubber disk with a hole in the center
  • An old season pass to a local ski area
  • corks
  • receipts, ancient
  • The container itself - an old diaper wipe container
I kept a rubber wheel that goes on my son's truck (I know where it is), an ink pad that is still good (may still chuck that though), paper clips (I am always rummaging around for paper clips), key rings (just the rings, no doodad on them) and a spring clip for a backpack, which I have put on my computer bag, for future use and a couple of other things that I can't remember right now.   Unfortunately, these few remaining items are still on the counter (stop shaking your head) but I will ensure that each item ends up where it belongs before I go to bed tonight.

I have also ditched my son's old snow pants.   The replacement pair had been purchased 3 months ago and this pair was too ratty to give to someone else.  Why on earth did they sit on top of my dryer so long?

And finally, I cleared off the right hand side of my desk at work which had a messy stack (and I'm being kind with that description) of paper.  

The question I keep asking myself is "What took me so long?"

No comments:

Post a Comment